Until not long ago, thinking on “veggie burgers” did not always bring to mind the most seductive images (tasteless tofu, recipes with little grace…). A thought, of course, far from reality. Luckily, as a consequence of the relevance that vegetarian and vegan cuisine has been acquiring in recent years, we are increasingly aware of the very tasty recipes that this type of diet can offer us.
And yes: there are some tofus that are anything but bland. But it is that, in addition, in the specific case of the hamburgers that concerns us today, there are many other possibilities that can make a veggie burger the most appetizing snack.
Here you have a couple of them:
- Little Veggie Burgers
- Integral Salad Burger
Little Veggie Burgers
If you are vegan and vegetarian you do not have to give up eating delicious hamburgers without any ingredient of animal origin in its preparation. In the following recipe we use black beans, corn, chickpea flour, garlic, onion and tomato, among other ingredients. Vegans will love it but this recipe will also seduce another type of pubic because it is delicious.
6 units little hamburger bread
60 g canned corn
8 units dried tomatoes
1 purple onion
8 lettuce leaves
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
1/2 lemon juice
100 ml olive oil
400 g canned beans
2 ripe tomatoes
1 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons chickpea flour
1 teaspoon curry powder
4 tablespoons soy milk
green and red watercress sprouts
- Put the dried tomatoes to soak for 20 minutes in water, drain and chop them. Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Drain the beans and corn kernels and toss them in a salad bowl with the garlic and onion chopped.
- Crush everything with a fork and add the chopped tomatoes, breadcrumbs, chickpea flour, curry, salt and freshly ground pepper, and mix until you get a homogeneous compound, adding a little more breadcrumbs if necessary.
- Form small balls, crush them with the palms of your hands, fry them in a pan with hot oil until they are browned on both sides, drain on absorbent paper and set aside to heat.
- Peel the cucumbers, remove the tips and cut into small cubes.
Peel the purple onion and cut into julienne.
Wash the tomatoes and cut into slices.
- Remove the skin and bone from the avocado, pour the pulp into a bowl with lemon juice, soy milk, and a pinch of salt and crush with a fork.
- Wash, dry and chop the lettuce leaves.
- Cut the bread into two halves and spread over the lower lettuce, tomato slices, bean burger, avocado cream, cucumber dice, and onion julienne.
- Finally, add the cress sprouts and cover with the top half.
Integral Salad Burger
Although we usually associate the burger with juicy grilled meat, we can also make this preparation in its vegetarian version using vegetables, legumes, cereals, etc. The range of possibilities for cooking healthy hamburgers is endless. And as shown, this example made with lettuce, various sprouts, cream cheese and Greek yogurt.
4 pieces whole wheat bread hamburger buns
200 g Greek yogurt
100 g cream cheese
8 iceberg lettuce leaves
30 g Lombard shoots
30 g sprouts chives
2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Mix the yogurt with the cream cheese and the oil.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into slices 1.5 cm thick.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and dry well.
- Open the rolls and place them in the toaster.
- Spread half of the breads with the cheese and yogurt mixture, place the lettuce leaves and the slices of tomato and pepper.
- Continue with the Lombard shoots and half of the chive sprouts and cover with the other halves of whole wheat bread.
- Serve the burgers decorated with the remaining chive sprouts.
You may also like this other recipes: