This Pesto Pasta with Kale can be a quick and without complications healthy dinner.
Pesto is a typical seasoning or sauce originating in Liguria. Its main ingredient is basil or better, Genoese basil. In addition to basil, pine nuts and garlic are ground, all seasoned with Parmesan cheese and / or sheep cheese, and olive oil.
Kale is a variety of cabbage, from the group of cultivars of cabbage and has very curly characteristic green leaves. It is a very nutritious food that provides vitamins, minerals and contains more calcium than milk. Its flavor is also very special, and the good thing is that it combines perfectly with most foods. In this case we are going to use it in a pasta recipe.
About the vegetables in this recipe
Adding green asparagus you will be able to maintain the line due to the low calories it provides and the high fiber content. They have a lot of vitamins, especially A, B1, B2, B6, C and E. It also stands out for its contribution in minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and potassium and high amount of antioxidants.
Source of vegetable protein and numerous minerals such as calcium, sodium, iron, zinc, selenium, potassium and phosphorus. Low caloric intake and an almost non-existent amount of fat make them a more than advisable food for weight loss.
It barely has calories (15 lime) so it is very healthy for the body. It contains minerals and trace elements such as phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and calcium. Vitamin C, B3 and provitamin A. This vegetable is rich in fiber (between 0.5 g and 1.5 g per 100 grams).
Try this Pesto Pasta with Kale. So simple. Yet, so delicious!
Pesto Pasta with KaleCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
70 g almonds
100 g kale
25 g fresh basil
2 garlic cloves
1 lemon, zest and juice
black pepper, to taste
1 tsp salt
120 ml extra virgin olive oil
350 g tortiglioni, rigatoni or penne
100 g green peas
1 small zucchini, sliced thinly
200 g asparagus, chopped into small pieces
- Roast the almonds in a hot pan until golden and fragrant. You could also do it in an oven (180° C / 355° F) for about 10 minutes (check on them towards the end of the baking time as they can go from toasted to burnt in a matter of seconds). Allow the almonds to cool down completely before blending in the pesto.
- Place all the pesto ingredients apart from the olive oil into a food processor. Process until chopped small and then start trickling in olive oil while the motor is going.
- Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Boil a large pot of water and cook your pasta al dente or to your liking.
- Prepare the vegetables by either boiling them, steaming or stir-frying quickly.
- Drain your pasta and toss it in some pesto, mix the veggies in and serve.
Some curiosities about Kale
If you liked this recipe, check this other pasta recipes: