This easy garlic butter shrimp is succulent shrimp, tossed in an easy garlic and lemon sauce. The perfect quick dinner or appetizer!
If you love garlic, you’ll love these lemony, garlicky shrimp which are on the table in less than 10 minutes.
How to make garlic butter shrimp
This classic recipe requires ingredients you probably already have on hand, like butter, garlic, and lemon, which together create a spicy finger-licking shrimp.
Be sure to buy the biggest shrimp you can afford. Heat up a skillet and add in some butter. Once the butter is melted, drop in your shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through. This should take about 5 minutes, depending on the size of your shrimp. As soon as the shrimp turn pink and opaque, they’re done. Be sure to watch carefully so that the shrimp don’t get overcooked!
Remove the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
Drop some minced garlic into your hot pan and stir it around for about 30 seconds. Squeeze in a bit of lemon and add your shrimp back into the sauce, give it a good stir. The finishing touch a sprinkling of fresh parsley, and you’re ready to eat!
You can serve it over pasta or rice, you can also keep it low carb and serve over zucchini noodles or with steamed cauliflower, and of course they even make a great appetizer.
For more seafood, check out this gorgeous Shrimp Pasta with Mozzarella Cheese Sauce
Get the recipe ready to print
Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2-3 teaspoons minced garlic
- the juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Place the butter in a large pan and melt over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Stir in the lemon juice and parsley, then serve.
garlic butter shrimp, dinner, easy recipe dinner, quick recipe dinner, quick shrimp recipe, easy and quick shrimp recipe, tasty shrimp recipe, recipes for kids