This creamy lemon shrimp pasta recipe is one of those recipes that we should always keep in mind for when we do not want to complicate ourselves but we want a pasta dish with incredible flavor.
As you will see, it is a very easy recipe. Its mild, creamy and at the same time refreshing taste thanks to lemon and shrimp makes it different, since creamy cream-based sauces (cream of milk) and cheese usually do not have this kind of fresh flavors.
Also, you can have the whole thing ready in about half an hour.
And you can choose the pasta that you like best, for example, linguine or fettuccine would be amazing. But whatever your favorite shape is would be great in this recipe.
Creamy Lemon Shrimp PastaCourse: MainCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
This creamy lemon shrimp pasta recipe is a pasta dish with incredible flavor. Its mild, creamy and at the same time refreshing taste thanks to lemon and shrimp makes it different.
8 ounces pasta (for example, spaghetti)
1 pound shrimp (peeled)
Zest and juice of one lemon
3 tablespoons of butter
6 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup heavy/whipping cream
2 teaspoons flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Boil a large, well-salted pot of water for the pasta. Follow the directions in the pack to cook them aldente .
- Meanwhile, add the butter, lemon zest and lemon juice (about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice), minced garlic, white wine and cream to a skillet over medium-high heat. Let the sauce bubble for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add the flour to sauce. Don’t stop stirring to ensure sauce is smooth.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Continue to simmer the sauce on medium heat for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently. The sauce should be noticeably thickened by now. If not, continue simmering it for a few more minutes.
- Add shrimp and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes until shrimp are cooked.
- Drain the spaghetti, then toss the pasta with the sauce. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- The sauce is quite lemony. If you’re not into that, use only one tablespoon of lemon juice.
This creamy lemon shrimp pasta recipe that will surely please the whole family and that can serve both for a dinner of the week and for a special occasion. Bon appetit!
If you love this recipe you may also like my popular shrimp pasta recipe
shrimp, pasta, lemon, zest, butter, garlic, wine, cream, parsley, parmesan cheese, dry white wine, salt and pepper, long and medium length pasta varieties, spaghetti, fettuccine, linguine, pappardelle, tagliatelle, fresh taste, lemon sauce.