Baked chicken zucchini with bacon is an easy and quick family-friendly meal. Chicken and zucchini make the best combination and make this a great recipe if you’re looking to incorporate more veggies into your recipes. Everything is baked in a casserole dish, so it’s a delicious one-pan meal with only one dish to clean!
Chicken Zucchini with BaconCourse: Main CourseCuisine: American
A fast and easy chicken zucchini bake with bacon smothered with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
4 chicken breasts
1 zucchini thinly sliced
6 strips bacon cooked, drained, chopped
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
0.5 oz dry Ranch seasoning (1/2 packet)
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Add 4 chicken breasts to casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the chicken with dry Ranch seasoning mix.
- Top with sliced zucchini and chopped cooked bacon.
- Top with shredded Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- Broil for the last 2-3 minutes (optional).
- Remove from the oven and allow the chicken rest in the casserole dish, it will continue cooking as it rests for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use regular chicken breasts or thinly sliced chicken breasts. If your chicken breasts are large, slice each one in half horizontally.
The chicken should be cooked through in about 20 minutes, the actual time depends on your oven and the thickness of your chicken breasts (thin chicken breasts will cook faster).
The chicken is cooked through when it’s no longer pink in the center.
Make sure the cheese doesn’t burn too much on top of the chicken.